Call for Abstracts
Abstract submission for oral presentation is now closed, but poster submissions will be accepted until August 5.
Abstract Submission Deadline: Thursday, March 24, 2016.
Notifications of acceptance of abstract will be emailed by the week of April 18, 2016.
We invite your participation and presentations for the 10th International Drainage Symposium. Presenting at the International Drainage Symposium is an opportunity to share your work with drainage researchers, professionals, and practitioners from around the world. Presentations are sought in the topic areas shown below, to include basic and applied research, as well as presentations that focus on outreach, demonstration, and practice. The Symposium will include both oral (lecture) and poster sessions (authors are asked to indicate their preference). A review committee will determine acceptability of abstracts, and authors will be notified of acceptance by late March. An electronic proceedings will be developed from the Symposium.
Topic Areas for Submission:
- Drainage Management
- Drainage and Water Quality
- Drainage Performance
- Tools and Modeling
- Drainage System Design and Installation
- Drainage of Irrigated Lands
- Drainage Practice Implementation and Demonstration
- Drainage Policy and Administration
Presentation abstracts must be submitted electronically. Authors are urged to prepare a well-written, clear, and informative abstract describing the work. Selection criteria for presentation abstracts will include relevance to conference topics, quality of the abstract, originality, compliance with submission deadlines and procedures, and number of abstracts submitted, as necessary to meet program needs.
- Authors are encouraged to prepare a short paper (2−8 pages) for symposium proceedings and will receive instructions about format and template for submission following abstract submission. The deadline for submission of papers is June 15, 2016.
- Authors of papers for the 10th International Drainage Symposium will receive further instructions for any revisions, if necessary, by July 15, 2016, and the submission of revised papers will be due by August 1, 2016. Papers will be published in the reviewed proceedings (electronic) and published as such, in ASABE’s online Technical Library. These papers are not considered peer-reviewed articles. Symposium attendees will receive an electronic copy of the proceedings.
- A visa and passport may be required for delegates travelling to the United States. Each delegate is responsible to verify these requirements.